View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Toews has been used to shut down the Krejci line in this series. I don't think Quenneville was really counting on much offense from him, afterall he hasn't produced much offense in the playoffs since 2010. Outside of the first two goals on Game 1, Toews has pretty much kept Krejci in check so he's done his job at even strength for the most part.

The problem for Chicago is that Boston has two of the game's top centermen. When Toews is used to nullify Krejci, the Bergeron vs whoever is a total mismatch. 24-4 in the faceoff circle for Patrice, while Handzus was 0-10.

The top players in this series are more or less keeping each other at bay. Chicago won Game 1 because their depth players stepped up and scored, and Boston won the next two with winners from Dan Paille. Boston got a PP goal last night, Chicago's as usual failed to even get control of the puck in the opposition end.

I don't see the stalemate on the top two lines being broken, so it will probably continue to be that whichever team's grinders can score twice in a game, or whoever can score a PP goal, will win the game. Though if I'm Quenneville I put together Sharp-Toews-Kane for next game. Trying to balance the lines by having Toews with Frolik and Kane with Handzus has only served to neuter the skill guys.