View Single Post
Old
01-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Stephan Lebeau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Begin, when healthy, was doing a WAY better job than Juneau and everybody noticed it.... He's playing physical, something that Juneau ain't, and he's faster than Juneau. I know that Double J had a pretty good weekend, but 2 games ain't a year... I would put him on the 4th line when Begin comes back... The Dackell-Begin-Sundstrom was totally amazing few weeks ago....

You prefer to see Juneau than Begin?? You've got to be kidding me
whoa Donkey!!! Easy there... I never said I prefer to see Juneau over Begin. I absolutely loved watching that 3rd line when Begin was centering it. You are right, there was much more offense coming from them (chances at least); they spent more time in the offensive zone, and he definately motivated the others to play better etc...
In those regards, I don't disagree at all.

My question simply was, do you really think after watching Begin for the 3 or 4 games while Juneau was out, that he can take on the job of defending the opposition's best -- the leafs, the flyers, when sakic forsberg kariya and selanne come to town will Begin do a number on them? Is he experienced enough to know how to deal with those kinds of guys?
WILL HE DO IT IN THE PLAYOFFS WHEN WE REALLY NEED IT??

Not completely disagreeing with you, but rather debating.

Oh, and for those of you who think this thread was posted because of Juneau's play as of late (I'd imagine you're referring to his offensive showing), get off of it. It wasn't. I aint making him out to be a hero cuz he had a good game or two.

Last edited by Stephan Lebeau: 01-07-2004 at 05:23 AM.