Old
06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
At one point people on the Flyers thought he would turn into a puck mover because of his tremendous skating. Anyone who watches him move, he moves skates like a figure skater. Always makes it back to check his man. Should be perfect for someone like Fowler.
That's one of the reasons Ben Lovejoy, of all people, seemed to work pretty well with Fowler. He had excellent mobility, and really bought in to the role. Unfortunately, Lovejoy really isn't a legit top 4 guy. He's more of a 6/7 who overachieved a bit, but he knew his role and he was able to complement Cam well.

Coburn is, undeniably, a much better looking option in that role. Just the fact Coburn can skate with Fowler should help create some space and outlet options the same way Lovejoy did, and Coburn is just a better defensive option. Coburn would very likely fill one of Anaheim's greatest needs, which is a legit top 4 guy who can probably handle some top pairing responsibilities with the right D partner.

I like where Murray's head is at here. Frankly, I'm not sure Ryan has much of a future in Anaheim. He's kind of a puzzle piece that doesn't fit well, and the Ducks may feel they can make up for his loss with some of the young talent they have. I'm not sure the value is quite right yet, but I think Murray has the right idea of what needs to be done.