06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_23...pRedirect=true

Avs unlikely to pick Seth Jones #1.
Interesting. Regardless of if it's true, it's a smart move from the Avs brass to get this out there so they can pick up additional assets from somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Wow. I mean, this has always been a distinct possibility, but virtually all the speculation and mocks to this point have been based on the Avs taking Jones at #1. And if they truly are favoring the three big forwards over Jones (it could be a big smoke-screen after all), it follows that even if they traded back to #2 or #3, they'd still probably pass on Jones.

So...who takes him then? Tampa could probably use some D, but they'll be tempted by a potential franchise winger or a really, really good center to give them some pretty enviable depth.

And so begins Seth Jones' inevitable fall right into the laps of the Luckercanes. If this actually happens, I'm going to be so pissed
Personally, I wouldn't be upset because I probably hate Jones more than anyone else. Even if Colorado stays at 1 and picks a forward, I'd still expect someone in the top 4 to take a defensemen, whether it's them staying in their current slot or someone else trading up to select Jones. Regardless of this leak, I'm still praying that Carolina takes Nichushkin at #5.