Thread: Rumor: Kris Letang on the block?
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Totally irrelevant to the discussion as I was not basing what I said on the 4 game series. So you would prefer Letang as a prime option if you were looking to add a sound defensive defenseman to your team?
Again, you don't understand the conversation at all.

1. Did anyone say the Oilers were in need of a defensive defenseman? Because if you look at their roster, they have that, just terribly poor coaching and the results the last what, 5yrs, are proof of that.

2. The Oilers went hard after Jesse Schultz, a guy that was a PMD, he had his moments but he's still a rather unproven commodity, but having Letang, eases the pressure off of him and gives the Oilers a legit PMD.

3. Letang is a PMD, the notion that you think he's a defensive defensemen is the issue here. Letang is decent defensively, he's no defensive defenseman, he's prone to lapses like a lot of defensemen are (remind me, how many games was Chara in, during the games they lost to the Pens in the regular season? PO's Bylsma blew it, granted, but in that case you have the blind leading sheep), but he's a top 5 PMD without a shred of doubt, if you can't admit that, you just keep digging that hole you are in already.

Oilers have Smid, J. Schultz, and N.Schultz. Adding Letang improves their defensemen, hell, Letang would be their franchise defenseman. If they keep Fistric (they should) and re-sign Peckham, they have a decent core suddenly.

Smid, Letang
Fistric, J. Schultz
N.Schultz, Peckham/Petry

I'm not 100% sure about which side Jesse plays on.

Penguins would then just focus on how well Despres develops in a PMD role (which will increase) and keep closer tabs on Derrick Pouliot.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote