Thread: Rumor: Kris Letang on the block?
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I'm not saying he doesn't have value. He does, to teams that need offensive defensemen. I'll just assume you didn't see the post I initially responded to. It was to an Oilers fan that said they would like Letang because they need defense. Letang is the last type of defensmen they need; they don't need a PMD. They need a defense first oriented d-man. Which is not at ALL what Letang is.

There's no shame in being a offense first dman, they have tons of value (Subban, Karlsson, Letang, etc). But he's not the guy you go after if you're looking to add DEFENSE.
The guy said we could use Defense.

As in Defensemen, you jumped to your own conclusions without really doing much research on the Oilers + Defense subject.

You look at the guys they have used and are using or went after and it gets very clear.

Potter was a regular for them, a guy that was nothing more than a WBS vet for the Pens prior to him joining the Oil. They went after Sutton and traded for Whitney before that and were likely trying to get Sustr and the guy the Wings signed (name escapes me at the moment, it's late) to add to their addition of Justin Schultz.

The Oilers are desperate to bulk up their defense in every way possible. It doesn't take more than just looking into their forum and their trade proposals to figure that out, oh and reading about them in their news and what not.

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 06-19-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote