View Single Post
Old
01-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I have also noticed the fact that if Kilger receives more than 10 minutes of ice time in a game, he performs much better than in a fourth line role. Begin is a type of player that suits me well on the 4th, as his intensity is unwaivering no matter which line he plays on, and his spark plug additude is able to turn momentum. Perfect piece for a fourth line... When he was given additional time (which he DID deserve) he blew out his shoulder and is now out for 3 months (albeit he made the right decision, to shut himself down). Begin is never going to be able to pot more than 5 -7 goals a season... Kilger has neared 10 goals 4 times in his career, and has 14, 8 and 9 respectively in each of the past 3 seasons. He has also demonstrated he can clear 30 points (he's done this twice, once on the year coming over, and once in Chicago) What was evident in those seasons that are lacking in the other 7? He had a role is what is evident to me. The other 7 he had coaches/gm's getting confused and pissed off about where Chad should be playing. Keep him in the third line center role for the duration of Juneau's injury (completely) and I feel the amount of ice time (13-18 minutes) will be more than suffice to give Chad the true test he needs to prove himself as an NHL regular. This guy as ineffective as he is this year, I think is a 20 G, 40 + point player in his potential, BUT he MUST be given a role that suits him well (look at Aucoin in Vancouver, and TB, he was flown outta town because they could not deal with him. They gave him the role in NYI based on that one season in Van when they did know and he's now a workhorse, a +24 and plays more time than Souray does in a game)