Old
06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
So, I talked to said friend again this morning (was at Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers last night) and was informed that it was the Flyers who held up the potential deal with the Kings as Holmgren wanted one more piece if he was going to give up Read, Coburn and the draft pick. Lombardi felt he put together a great package as the Flyers would be getting back a defenseman who is on his way to becoming a great first pairing defender, a goaltender who is about to break through and a young defenseman who will be a top four player for years. Holmgren told Lombardi that he's giving up a forward who can play in the top six, an already established top four defenseman and a fairly high draft pick in the top third of the draft and that should warrant something else. I wasn't told what the something else was, but when the talks broke down, that's when Lombardi got the Voyonov deal signed (and it was Hextall that actually negotiated the deal while the talks with the Flyers were going on). Once again, just the messenger here.
So was Voynov going to be part of the deal? I think I would have done it. Read, Coburn, and 11 for Bernier, Voynov and another defender? Damn.