Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 07:37 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Oduya, Ericsson and Hjalmarsson are NOT better than him. He's already an NHL top 2 d-man, he's proven himself. He will be in Sweden's top 4.
That wasn't the point, although I do think you are getting ahead of yourself a bit when it comes to Brodin (despite him being one of my favorite players).

Chemistry is always important and especially when going into the Olympics where you have no time to train / play together before. Even if you consider Brodin better than Ericsson, Hjalmarsson and Oduya you have to see the point of having a defense pair who already know each other well. For example I would take Hedman ahead of Oduya, Hjalmarsson and Ericsson individually but I think that SWE will prefer taking the a ready pair ahead of Hedman.

We'll see what happens and I really hope Brodin makes it, but Kronwall/Ericsson, Oduya/Hjalmarsson and the fact that Gustafsson was the no 1 D in the WHC makes is much more difficult than some people seem to appreciate. Brodin has an outside chance at making the team if he manages to keep up, or improve, his level of play from this year during the fall.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote