View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 08:10 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
What I'm trying to say is that I am not too worried about his play in his own zone as long as he has a strong partner which I think we have plenty - likely Coburn or Schenn who both can be excellent when on their game. Anything would be an improvement over Gervais, Foster and Meszaros last season. Gervais was 4th in total ice time for us last season. 4th! That's messed up.

Plus, like Beef above me has said, Streit was nursing an injury for a while. Although that in itself is cause for concern...
Lies Flyers fans tell themselves ...
1) He'll be much better this year. He was injured last season.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It just adds to the incredulity that, not only does Paul Holmgren sign a 35+ player to a 4-year, $5.25/year contract, but it's a player who was injured for the majority of the previous season. Now, maybe the Flyers FO were diligent and asked for a physician report and/or had Streit checked out by their own crack staff of top medical experts (I don't think I need the , but just in case), in which case I publicly and unreservedly apologize for second-guessing Holmgren. But don't we think that this little detail may have contributed to getting a better deal than what has been signed?