Thread: Nick Cousins
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Really? I had no idea about that. I knew he was a sandpaper type guy but not like a big time pest. This makes me so much more excited about him. Side note: what ever happened with his criminal charges?
Charges were dropped, no prospect of conviction.

Cousins is more yap than sandpaper. He antagonizes the other teams by talking, not by hitting, and he doesn't back it up by fighting (like Carcillo or Rinaldo, for example). Marchand yaps, but he hits and will fight. Cousins is more like Akeson with a beak. Skilled but not big and not NHL-smurf fast.

Cousins gets his payback by scoring on the powerplays after drawing penalties from guys trying to kill him for his yap.

He needs to worry about skating and D-play to make it in the NHL, he won't get away with the yapping in the NHL unless he can play both ways and still produce some offense. He's similar to Frolik, who remade himself as a checker/PKer when he couldn't score to be a top 6er.

He might end up being a good NHL player, but he also might end up in Europe three years from now after never leaving the Phantoms.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote