View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 09:56 AM

vCash: 500
In summer 2007, I was opposed to signing Danny Briere. Although I recognized his talent, I didn't like his diving or his soft play that I thought I saw from him in Buffalo, particularly in the 2006-07 playoffs. To be honest, I was hoping the Flyers would sign Gomez instead. Jeez... But Briere proved me wrong and became one of my favorite Flyers over the years, not just because of his play on the ice, but also because of his great character and personality. I realized that he was anything but a soft player. For a guy with his size, or lack thereof, he plays with the heart of a lion. He was an absolute joy to watch in the playoffs and carried us on several deep postseason runs. I will be sad to see Danny go, but I wish him luck wherever he ends up. He has handled himself with dignity and humility even during this difficult time. We should all be very lucky to have been able to have Danny on our team. His impact will continue to be felt on this team for years. He has been one of the biggest reasons that Claude Giroux has developed into our franchise player. We can't be grateful enough for everything Danny B. has done for us.

Best of luck to Danny in the remainder of his career! I hope he can manage to win the Cup before it's all over. He is truly one of the greatest playoff performers of our generation and deserves a Cup more than anyone.

55 is offline   Reply With Quote