View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 09:06 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I think this was a necessary move given Danny's recent decline and our need to clear space under the cap. But I am sad to see Danny go. He is a fantastic person and was always exciting to watch, especially in the playoffs. I wish him success wherever he ends up...unless it's in Pittsburgh, in which case I hope he fails miserably. (not serious)
While I understand how and why it has to be done (the buyout), I still think that Briere can be an effective scoring threat.

He put up 34 points in 24 games with Eisbären Berlin playing along side Giroux before the lockout but then he broke his wrist and once the NHL season started he was ailing and just never got going again as the season progressed...
Briere never was and never will be a balanced two way player but I would not rule him out being productive elsewhere till his late thirties if signed for reasonable money and used wisely in the matchups. I would still love to have him on the Flyers but just not at his cap hit... somewhere in the 2.5 - 3M range would reflect what he is worth right now.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote