View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Having Talbot as our 3C, McGinn playing a regular 3rd line shift, and Rosehill in a permanent 4th line role would make for a pretty awful bottom 6. Talbot is a 4th line player at this point. He was not good last season at all. Also, I think Schenn is better suited at C. I don't want to move him to wing. He needs a stable situation and extended playing time in one position to develop properly. Moving him all around last season was not helpful.

Also, I cannot fathom why people think Voynov is going anywhere. He just signed long term in L.A. Why on earth would anybody think he's going to be available for trade? And Muzzin isn't that good. He's a good #5-6 guy, but he's not better than Streit and should not be on the second pairing at this point in his career.
Voynov's just not available- he was just signed to a bit of a home town discount and likes LA. Muzzin is friggin' horrible although Sutter likes him so maybe he sees something the rest of the world doesn't. Bernier could very easily end up as good as Tuukka Rask is today; Rask was picked 21st overall in 2005, is 26 years old and was groomed to his current level of success playing in the SM-liiga and backing up Tim Thomas (don't the Leafs wish they had him now). Bernier was picked 11th overall in 2006, is 24 years old and was groomed in the AHL and currently, aptly backing up Quick. The comparison is something to think about. However, you have to give up quality to get quality and a Read (or Couturier) for Bernier straight up may not be out of the question. There's certainly some risk for both sides but a Flyers team with both a young Mason and Bernier might be set for years