Thread: Jarome Iginla
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
vikingGoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
HFBoards.. the land where a rookie who was playing in the NCAA last season is a much better top-6 option than a perennial all-star with a steady track record of being one of the most consistent goalscorers in NHL history.

It certainly makes me head explode sometimes, haha. Not surprising though.
I do get what you are saying. But 5 vs 5 who was a bigger threat in the playoffs? Who won more battles on the boards? Who just flat out actually competed while one floated.

Iginla gives us a lethal shot on the PP. To me it's a pretty easy decision to have Iginla on one side, Malkin on the other with Martin distributing, to have the basis of a deadly PP. From what I saw, that's all he is bringing us a this stage of his career.
That is a good something, but is it worth 4M a year of cap?

I get the whole 500+ goals, HOF credentials, etc. I don't want a floater on this team (er another one anyway). I'm sorry I can't say it strong enough. The guy flat out either could not or would not compete/battle at a high level in the playoffs. I don't want to hear about the off wing crap, yes that plays into it. But losing 1vs1 battles on the boards every single time, being tissue paper strong on the puck. Not able to bury rebounds that are right there at his feet/stick. Those have nothing to do with being on the opposite wing. Especially the first 2.

Stick man NCAA college kid Bennett was harder to knock off the puck then Iginla, made better plays, created more chances and was 100x better defensively.

Maybe there is just no tread left on the tires?