Thread: Sportsnet: Toronto interested in Bernier.
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
All it takes to increase the experience is to sign a veteran goalie which are plentiful on the market.

I'm very much opposed to giving up a significant asset for Bernier, unless...

...you believe we could flip one of Bernier/Reimer for a higher price we pay to get Bernier

...or you believe it's possible to carry two capable starters (I'll count Bernier as starter for now) on the team for the foreseeable future which is fine I suppose until one of them requests a trade (wonder how long would it take).
For the foreseeable near future both youngsters would be too busy trying to win the #1 job in Toronto to be concerned about asking for a trade.

If there is any truth to this Bernier rumour than that suggest to me that Scrivens, Rynnas, Owuya etc and leafs goalie prospect pool doesn't hold a lot of value, based on acquiring a top young goalie in trade.

Instead of Reimer and an aging vet backup, the plan would be Reimer/Bernier combo for the present and then see where the future takes them.