View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Same here. I think the screws will be put to McDonagh and Stepan.

McDonagh hasn't flashed enough of an offensive game to get $5M+, and Stepan played like a $5M+ centerman for about 30 games. Not enough to break the bank for these guys with a massive longterm commitment. I think $4M per for each of them sounds about right.
Slats handles rfa's as well as any GM in the league. I don't see him caving into any demands if they get out of hand. Dubinsky and Zherdev tried that nonsense. Coincidence they're both gone?

I recall a plethora of posters here assuming 5M+ on Staal's last contract. Different circumstances than McDonagh, but still. As silly as it sounds, I wonder if Ryan's PP minutes were sheltered for a reason.

I think both Ryan and Derek will get somewhere in the 3.5-4M range. I don't see a long term, 5M+ contract for either one of them. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but Slats track record would suggest less money and years than a lot of the numbers being projected in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Well, the decision is whether it will be this year or next year. And I think you're mistaken, it's very much a hockey decision. As I showed, you can sign both Stepan and McDonagh to long term contracts and be fine, even with Richards next year. I don't think management is considering the buyout of Richards this year as foregone a conclusion as many here seem to believe.
You're absolutely insane if you don't think management is considering the buyout. Richards has already leaked the possibility publicly. You think that was accidental? How often do you hear a signed player comment on where he might like to play next year if he is amnestied?

Hasn't produced. Albatross contract. Has regressed tremendously. Even if he needs minor surgery next summer, we're ****ed.

Helen Keller would be able to see the writing on the wall. It's that obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
no its not, because they can buy him out next year as well.. Now the question is what would the Rangers do if Richards returns to form this year going into next off season? That becomes a hockey decision. If you don't need the space, you can't buy him out on the VERY SLIM OFF CHANCE he gets innjured enough he cant be bought out. Also, who knows what he can do with a more offensive minded coach.
You're both incorrect. It is 100% is a financial decision. Not a hockey decision. I don't understand why it's so difficult to look past 1 season. The risk is nowhere near worth the reward.

Is Richards leading us to a cup next year?

Even if he comes in as a #1, and produces at a PPG clip, the long-term risk is far too devastating to consider.

And in case some of you guys are forgetting, this is a very physical game. Richards has lost his legs. His body is breaking down. You want to risk ****ing our organization for years and years, because Richards might play better?

Richards would be getting amnestied this summer even if he didn't have an abysmal year.