View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
I personally don't consider Bernier unproven nor, to some extent Mason. Two young goaltenders of this caliber platooned in play until one comes to the forefront gives you quality plus an asset. I can't believe both would have a bad 2013-14 season together.

Couturier is not nor will he ever be a no 1 center, possibly a number 2 at his best- look around at the better teams and their number 1s' and he'll never get to that stage. He might end up being a slightly bigger Mike Richards but I don't think he has the same heart as Richards. However, given his first year play, not so much the points but what he seems to bring to the ice, I can understand the hesitancy of everyone to trade him but, with the Flyers, who knows what's possible.

Matt Read is likely more unproven than Bernier. He's smaller than Mike Richards, didn't come up thru the major junior ranks but, point wise, did have a decent first full season and shortened second season with the Flyers. The issue for the Kings is where to play him. However, Read (or maybe Couturier) for Bernier may be an excellent trade for both teams so don't be surprised.......
This is just ridiculous. Who cares how these guys made it to the NHL? I know that Read has put together two very solid seasons at the NHL level, while Bernier has only started a handful of games. You could argue that Bernier has the higher upside because he's younger and might have more natural talent, but he's not more proven. Read has proven that he can be a 45-55 point complimentary winger who can play in just about any role asked of a forward.