View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDiggity View Post
My question would be, who is there at 22 that we REALLY want who wouldn't be there at 25? Two is always better than one, but to give up a guy who is close to NHL ready for a pick that will be 4 - 5 years away means that player must be extremely coveted by management. I can't say I can readily identify that player.
Tough to determine. We moved up to get Tinordi in his draft year based that we could not miss on a towering stay-at-home d-man that we didn't have in our pool. Yet, I could say that every player targeted to be around 20-30, would be something we would need as well. From scoring wingers, to high-energy forwards, to potential top 4 d-man (even if we have a good depth....).

Scary part is that if it is EXACTLY like the Tinordi case and we mostly move up because of needs.....the key targeted player could be.....Fucale. And I so don't want that. Fucale is a ND for me.....for now. If he pans out and it makes Price tradeable in 3 years because of how incredibly great Fucale has developed, well so be it. But as far as draft day is concerned, Fucale should NOT be a target. And I can't imagine if we move up to get him...that would be a double mistake.