View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I would disagree. Malkin and Crosby do have great vision, but even they (especially Malkin) are prone to tunnel vision when the going gets tough. I watch more than half of Pittsburgh's games every year on top of almost every playoff game, I've seen this happen enough to say it with conviction, forcing plays that aren't there and generally trying to do it themselves to ultimately little avail.

And I also disagree with MacKinnon's vision, I think it's very good if not at Drouin's level. He can see the ice very well and has terrific IQ to go with it; only problem is that Drouin makes pretty much everyone look pedestrian in the vision department.

Edit: On a side note, I noticed you hammering MacKinnon for the WJC in the last thread, claiming he pouted (even if there was no indication of such) and underperforming in what was essentially a bad situation for him. Care to explain?
It was pretty obvious by his play, he took two selfish penalities and played a very individual game refusing to pass the puck. I heard from scouts that were there that he had numerous "talks" with the coaching staff as they were not happy with his attitude.