Thread: Sportsnet: Toronto interested in Bernier.
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
exactly this... and his save % is higher as a result of the rebounds, and dropped pucks that he causes himself. At least he keeps them out for the most-part, but, too many get away from him and end up behind him that should have never even been available for a 2nd and 3rd chance.
The series winning goal was a result of a puck dropping at Reimer's feet glove hand side, that turned into a mad rebound scramble and Bergeron's eventual OT winner. Catching that puck cleanly and freezing the play could have resulted in a different series outcome alone.

If internet poster(s) can recognize Reimer's rebound control, puck catching and stick-handling issues, than I'm fairly certain Leafs management is 10 steps ahead and fully aware of Reimer's strengths and weaknesses, and thus exploring all options available including Bernier.

I'm a big Reimer fan, but I see no problem adding Bernier if the price is right and makes sense.