View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Well, FA is not the answer. Previous off-seasons have proven that. If we want to acquire a 3rd line center, we need to trade for it. Burmistrov is still my fav. option for our 3rd line C position but can we acquire him? What would it take?
Signing cheap FA's who don't cost us assets isn't the answer, but trading assets for a player is? Especially Burmistrov? And since when is Burmistrov a true center? And why would we play him as our 3rd line center? That's just crazy. That's poor evaluation.

I prefer to sign cheap FA's, veteran FA's than to sign projects like Burmistrov, which would mean giving up a guy like Del Zotto probably who is by far the better asset/player to have and handing a young inexperienced team to AV and saying 'here do what you can with this roster, we expect a playoff berth.' That's ludicrous. That's not realistic. You guys will be calling for his head in no time.

Sign cheap FA's. Sather will not cave in. He has gotten a lot better since Gorton joined him. Richards was the right move at the time. We all wanted him. Someone was going to pay him that money. We needed a center.

I do trust Sather moving forward with this free agency. And if we are going to make a trade it better be the right one.