View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 01:08 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Indeed.

I'm of the opinion that the blame far outweighs the good, though, because I've always thought signing Bryzgalov instead of developing Bob was the wrong move.
That's fair. I just don't like it when people use the "Bob won the Vezina!" argument. It's disingenuous. You have a logically consistent argument, and I don't mind that.

Quote:
Edit: Other fun things: Signing Leighton AGAIN to be backup this year, meaning we had to cart a mediocre goalie out every single game without rest. He keeps signing Leighton, and it keeps being horrifically stupid every single time. It has gone badly each time he's extended the guy, and it's been obvious that it would from the start each time. That made the season harder than it needed to be; we were essentially a one-goalie team until Mason was brought in, and once Bryz started sucking that was a major problem.
Please, I don't even want to think about Leighton. Just let me forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm sure a lot of people didn't think he'd win a Vezina and nobody thought he'd win it so early, but pretty much everyone recognized how incredibly athletic and talented he was.
Sure, but everyone also recognized that he was in no position to succeed here in Philly. Most everyone was pleased at the return we got.

Like Beef said, if your argument is that the Bryz signing put us in a bad position, then that's a fine argument to make. But if your argument is that the Bob trade in itself was a bad move, then you're using hindsight to evaluate a trade. That's not fair.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote