View Single Post
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
NYR Viper
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Briere has really declined the past two years, but on a one year contract would be a better option than Richards plus risk. Gives us a possible top 6 contributor. Still leaves us with a pivot spot to fill.

Basically NYR and Philly trade old players on long contracts, but still have to pay them.
As much as I would be okay with that, I have to assume there will be other players available that are better suited for the Rangers. Ryan Malone?

Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Rangers sign Eric Godard $10.8 million / 4 years [$2.7M per]

Still want Cody McLeod

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This. I wouldn't be opposed to Briere, but I agree with you on molding a more physical forward core. I'm far from a "OMG TOUGHNEZZ IS MORE IMPORTANT HAN SCORINGZZ" person, but our current core of forwards is SOFT, at least in terms of physical engagement. Even the bottom-6. Dorsett/Callahan are really the only **** disturbers we have up front. Replacing Pyatt with a tough LWer would be a nice step forward, as would adding McIlrath to the blueline.
That's how I feel. People like to assume I want an entire team of goons. That is far from what I want. I just want this team to be able to stick up for themselves and have guys who can create chances and energy in multiple ways.