View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I'm not sure I follow you on this all the way...but my mind is a bit fried. I do think with biotech these days a "passing" gene will be isolated and patented and explain all of this
In order to isolate it and prove that this or that gene was responsible, they would have to create what is called a "knock out" in the industry, which means that they would have to create a human (unless they have an amazing computer model) or use an animal model (like a mouse-- or possibly a rat whose skeletal structure is closer in the shoulders if you think that is part of the "naturally gifted" argument) -- by flagging those genes with markers and yanking them out of the genetic line.

Unfortunately, some genes are grouped together like hangers and difficult to knock out without pulling out entire bonded sections, with unpredictable results, like unexpected hair loss or blindness or sudden death.

I have no idea what a human "passing" gene knockout would be or look like, but I would imagine it would play and look something like Mike York or possibly Tyler Kennedy.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote