View Single Post
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Kreid or Die
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post

Sather is full of it here. Absolutely full of it. As Strang reported, Slats gave Torts an extension THIS season. So all of this stuff about the Rangers' style of play and the game changing is absolutely revisionist history. I think it was True Blue who said that Slats always runs the bus over his coaches after they've been axed and gives the appearance that he is in full control. Vigneault is now the Rangers' sixth coach in Slats' thirteen years. All a failure in his own words.
I disagree. I don;t think he is completely full of it. I think a lot of this was clouded by last year's deep playoff run. I think a lot of the discrepancies with this team and style of play were covered by the smoke screen that was a roster that catered to that style of play enough to make it to the ECF. However, that team still played dump and chase with little offensive creativity, they had a very mediocre PP, and lacked clutch goals in tight games in the playoffs. There was no reason we should've went 7 games against the Senators and the Capitals. This year exposed the style of play completely.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote