Thread: Value of: CLB - TOR, James Wisniewski
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 05:07 PM
MuchoMacho

vCash: 500
CLB - TOR, James Wisniewski

First of all I am not going to pretend I watch a lot of Blue Jacket hockey, so if this is way off I apologize. I have never seen a proposal like this on the boards, so if anything I thought it'd be a fresh topic.

According to this article, Wisniewski could be a potential buyout for CBJ:

Quote:
6) James Wisniewski, Columbus Blue Jackets: In the past, the only thing that might save Wisniewski’s job is the Columbus Blue Jackets’ need to hit the cap floor. However, there is relatively new management in Ohio. John Davidson proved that he can put together a financially stable business model, while guiding his team to improve the on-ice product. He and GM Jarmo Kekalainen have already made improvements, trading for Marian Gaborik at the deadline. This leaves Jimmy boy in the dust, considering he has not lived up to his massive contract.
Toronto could really use a right handed defensemen to play top pairing minutes with Phaneuf. Wisniewski is signed for another 4 years at 5.5 million cap hit, he's 29 years old and he's a right handed defensemen who has averaged 21+ minutes per night.

Could there be a fit here? I know Columbus isn't cash strapped and could afford the buy out if it was vital to the team's success, but I imagine getting something is better then nothing (while also saving the money)?

Maybe Wisniewski can turn it around on the Leafs? Worst case ontario, the Leafs could buy him out next off season.

Disclaimers:
- I don't watch CBJ hockey, if this writer is way off and he's your team's golden savor I'm not trying to get gold for garbage here. I am working on the assumption that if he's a speculated buy out candidate he's not a part of the team's core.
- I am basing my interest in him off of age, salary, ability to buy him out next year if it doesn't work out, right handed and ability to log minutes.
- I realize if he is bought out then the Leafs could just sign him as a free agent, but I assume if he was a free agent there would be a other suitors.
- I realize he has a NTC, it'd be subject to his willingness to wave.

MuchoMacho is online now   Reply With Quote