View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 06:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
has anyone heard any rumours re alex broadhurst? i know they've signed him...honestly, i think he'd get more productive time staying in london than going to rockford.
I haven't heard anything. I would be somewhat surprised if he started in Rockford though. I just don't see where they have the room.

Forwards that are signed by the Hawks and expected to be in Rockford next year: LeBlanc/Pirri, Morin/J.Hayes, Beach, Danault, McNeill, Nordstrom, T.Broadhurst, Froese, Ross.

Forwards on AHL deals/guys that could be with Rockford next year: Mullane, St.Pierre, Gilbert, Mills, Sauve.

So, there's 14 guys (LeBlanc/Pirri and Morin/J.Hayes count as 1 each). Plus there's rumors of them wanting to bring Teravainen over, and rumors that Shalunov's coming to N.A this year, as well as the probability of signing an AHL vet or two. Both Teravainen and Shalunov would play over Broadhurst - Shalunov more so because he'd have to play Pro, unless he'd be willing to play an overage year in the CHL (which I doubt).

So, it basically boils down to would you rather have A.Broadhurst in Toledo, or on perhaps the best Junior team heading into the 2013-14 season, that will be hosting the Memorial Cup? I'd choose the latter, if I was the Hawks.