View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 07:01 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yes. I don't have the time to look for the post or do the research again, but in a prior thread about Ryan (or may have been JvR) I did some research. In his first four years, only like four other players scored 30 goals each of those years. Those four players were some of the best in the league. Ryan was in his first four seasons. I'm not saying that Ryan is in the same category as those players, but that is certainly something special.
My point is that a lot of players put up 30 goals. Hartnell, Moulson, Vrbata, Ryder, Cole, Clarkson, Grabner, Morrow, Kulemin, Burrows, Penner, J. Jokinen, Samuelsson. Those are all names of players who have had 30 goal seasons since 2009-10.

What I am saying is that it doesn't take a special player to put up 30 goals. Sure, it's nice to have a player who is a safe bet to hit 30, but is it really something worth paying a heavy price to get?

How much would you pay for three time consecutive 30-goal scorer Matt Moulson? Yeah, yeah, I know. Tavares. But Ryan has support in Anaheim, too. I don't consider his accomplishments to be that impressive. I don't care if he did it in his first four seasons or his last four seasons; it's not like he's still developing as a player.

EDIT: Since Matt Moulson has entered the league as a regular player (2009-10), he has had 112 goals. Bobby Ryan has had 111. I understand Bobby Ryan is a better goal scorer on his own, but let's not act like he is one of the NHL's most prolific goal scorers.

Last edited by hockeyfreak7: 06-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.