View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Outlaw View Post
I strongly disagree with this statement. I believe an NHL team would do well in Las Vegas; Certainly much better than in Phoenix. The Las Vegas Wranglers and UNLV Rebels both have a solid hockey fan bases, and junior hockey down here is flourishing as more and more kids want out of the sun and heat. Inline hockey is also very big down here in Vegas, you can find public inline hockey rinks in nearly ever sub-division of Las Vegas. Phoenix has the Cardinals, Diamondback, and Suns that all come before the Coyotes. There wouldn't be any competition in Las Vegas. Whoever comes here first will be highly coveted. I agree with you that an NBA team would do better here than an NHL team. Your right about Vegas being a Basketball town, but with that being said.... Vegas could no doubt sustain a successful hockey team. I'm originally from San Jose. In comparing the two: Vegas > San Jose.
It is a very exciting market for whatever sport decides to take the plunge in my opinion. Also you have some of the brightest marketing and branding people in the world to turn to already calling the city home.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote