View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Well I don't own a crystal ball so I can't say for certain but it's not like Ryan's had any major injuries and he's still relatively young. In fact I think he could do better if he moved out of Anaheim. He's usually playing on the second line without Getzlaf & Perry and when he does play with them it's out of position on the other side but again I don't know that for certain just my feeling.

Obviously I don't have another method but to me using past players is silly because every player is different.

For the record I don't want to trade for Ryan because of the cost and I feel like there's bigger needs right now but I just feel like some of you guys are really undervaluing him and overvaluing our guys.
I actually think that Ryan would at least maintain that 30 goal streak playing on the first line with Giroux full time for a few more years. Putting him on Giroux's wing with Harntell or Schenn on the other side would be dangerous. Giroux would be the best passer and most creative player he has ever played with, not to diminish what getzlaf and perry have done.

Schenn-Giroux-Ryan
Harntell-Couts-Voracek
XXX-Laughton-Simmonds

or

Hartnell-Giroux-Ryan
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Laughton-Couturier-XXX (shutdown line with offensive potential).

could both be amazing lines going forward but I would prefer the first one