View Single Post
Old
06-19-2013, 09:36 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
The season was a minute long. Coaches hardly operate in a lame duck environment. So he got locked up early. We have huge, huge contract issues on the table including McD and Lundqvist. Plus a draft, a reduced cap, possible buyouts. All during a shortened summer. Is that good enough for "Why?". I could care less if Sather cleared a potential task prematurely at the expense of Dolan's savings.
This may be true except for the fact that Sather, who rarely speaks publicly or to the media, did just that at the end of the regular season/beginning of the postseason and supported Tortorella and essentially said his job was safe. I don't buy that Sather did that unless he truly believed that Torts was coming back and a suitable coach for the Rangers. I don't care about Dolan's savings either. He is trying to make himself look here and that he truly has a firm grasp and direction for this club.

And Sather NEVER acts prematurely/proactively, ever. The proof is in the pudding on that. He didn't hire Vigneault until Dallas was wooing him and applying pressure. Hell, as RB posted earlier today, he didn't compliance buyout Holik till the last possible moment. There are more examples of this kind of behavior throughout his tenure.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote