View Single Post
06-20-2013, 12:50 AM
Duke Silver
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Seen him play a bit (don't forget he played for NSH for a few years and we get leafs shoved down our throats every saturday night here in Alberta) and he's a bottom pairing Dman who's great to have on the PP.

I'll give you guys that he had a great playoffs, but he's not a top 4 D and he is most certainly not a top 2 D on the Oilers.
Franson played a whopping 6 games against Edmonton in the two years he was with Nashville.

He played sparingly, around 13-16 minutes a night in those 6 games.

So are you telling me that based on those 6 games, and a cursory glance at Leafs games on Saturday night over the last two years, that you feel confident you have an accurate grasp on current-day Cody Franson?

Because I have seen Franson play in over a hundred games with the Leafs. We analyze the crap out of our own players. In his time with the Leafs, despite a shaky start in his first season where he bounced in and out of the lineup, he has developed into an indisputable top-4 d-man with fantastic reach, increased physicality and a booming, accurate shot which makes him a threat on the PP. He formed a very good shutdown pairing with Fraser and gained the trust of the coaching staff in defensive situations. He has a great knack for shooting for tips and displays high hockey intelligence in offensive situations.

Don't even try and act like he isn't a top-4 D in this league. The Oilers would be lucky to have an all-purpose d-man like him.

Consider yourself educated. Get outta here with that "I know everything" crap.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote