View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 01:27 AM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I wasn't trying to honestly. I'm not even cheering for Boston. I simply found your choice of words to be an accusation of sorts
No accusation intended I assure you. Jagr has been one of my favorite players for a long time.
Quote:
when common sense dictates the man is old, worn down and has a lot of miles on him so therefor he won't be as fast or as "dominant". I think it's fairly obvious, that's all.
Yeah. My comment was probably needless, but I'm such a fan of this player that I get excited out of force of habit everytime he gets the puck on his stick in the corner or along the wall. I'm expecting a vintage Jagr move to the front and its just not happening for him. I don't think its all on his age. I think he's getting some bad rolls and bounces right now. I'm going to go ahead and predict that he scores a big goal before this series is over.
Quote:
You're probably right that BOS management was hoping for some more goal scoring from him, but they didn't give up much and as I said I think he's playing well, to me it's actually quite remarkable. But he's a generational talent.
That he is. And while he may not have been all that the B's were secretly hoping, I agree with you that they can't be too disappointed. He's eating big minutes and wearing opponents down with his board work. Wonder what happens to him next season?