View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Tell us how you really feel Ola

At the time, I was a fan of Torts being hired. He got rid of the country club atmosphere surrounding the team and gave it personality. This was all led by Captain Vanilla in the 23 sweater from the Renney era, and this is coming from someone that owns a Drury sweater. The year after Drury retired the Rangers had their best season in 15 years. That is because the team identity matched the coaches', and Torts was able to get the most out of that group.

All that aside, Torts' time ran out here. He employed the same strategy as the 2012 Rangers when the personnel didn't fit. Prust, Fedotenko, and Mitchell were all above average to excellent on the PK, at shot blocking and board work. They all left summer 2012. They were replaced with guys whom weren't nearly as good in those aspects of the game. His failure to utilize and get the best out of his personnel is a big reason he lost his job.

On the other hand, Sather is so full of it with those quotes. It was very evident that at least a couple of players grew sick of his act. As has been mentioned, Sather is trying to deflect blame off his players and throw the very coach he hired 5 years ago under the bus. I'll put more weight in his comments when he actually goes out and makes moves to adapt to the more "modern style". Until then, he's a bumbling old man that's trying to save face when deep down, he knows he's underachieved and made more than a few questionable moves here during his tenure.
Time to move on?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote