View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
But again, what did Snider do (outside of Bryz) that hurt this team? What will his replacement do differently in those situations? You can't just say "lack of patience" and "impulsivity" without providing examples.
No one can tell you what Snider did because no one really knows how much he pushed one way or the other on individual decisions. All you can say is that he is at the top of an organization that has been characterized by impulsiveness, and a seeming lack of a long term strategy. I'm not sure whoever takes over for him when he is gone will be any different.

The one thing about the Streit contract is that it's not completely horrible. It's still bad, but it's not as bad as we knew Briere's was going to wind up being, or Bryz's, and it's not as dumb as Shelley's. I'm guessing it's the price Holmgren thought he had to pay to fix the D without moving Couturier or Schenn. I don't know if I agree with that though.

Fixing the D is definitely tricky because on one hand the team is young, on the other hand you can't wait around 4 years to hope a guy you drafted becomes the D man you need because by that time Giroux will be almost 30. Streit isn't the dman we need, and he's not a replacement for Timonen, but I guess he's there to stop gap until someone is ready.

Last edited by Protest: 06-20-2013 at 09:28 AM.