View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
SouthJerseyRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
I agree that the Redden signing was awful and the Richards signing actually wasn't that bad but there's no chance in hell that this was the second best team in hockey. Team lacked serious depth. He didn't replace the depth they lost in the trade. It's also not Torts fault that Gaborik was slow and his shot was weak.
The goalie and defense (minus Bickel) were ahead of anybody at the start of the season. Mind you, the personnel looked great on paper (Staal, Girardi, McD, Stralman, DZ) AND they are young and projected to only improve. The amount of defensive lapses you saw, combined with the complete lack of any offensive contribution from this talented bunch, tells me there is a serious problem with how the coach is employing them. NONE of them improved, Staal only got back to being himself, and you can argue 3 (DZ, McD, Girardi) regressed.

This is only part of it, because the offense was entirely ineffective. I don't care if Gaborik is at 50%. You don't take that lineup and spend half the season dead last in goals for.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote