View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjones View Post
Honestly I think Nino is doing everything but asking for a trade. he never comes up in anything positive news, its always did not report, or threw a hissy fit..etc I am not doubting the kid hockey skills, just maybe the fact he has become a distraction for a team that did very well last year. Honestly with a goalie(bernie))) i think they might have knocked out the penguins. At this point would you not swap nino plus something maybe second rounder or a b prospect for bernier??
To me, this situation is like Vish staying in Europe because he had a personal matter or Nabby not wanting to report because of his own situation. Minor player stuff that get easily resolved between the player and the team. But, in the meantime the interweb slows to a crawl with hysterical threads about how the Isles are screwed along with the requisite PlayStation trade proposals.

In reality, there is basically nothing happening here. Nino just finished a major international tournament, and opted not to attend an OPTIONAL prospect camp. I have seen no evidence that anybody in the organization is irked and all the silly hysterics aside, nobody here has a vague clue. Heck, I doubt anybody here even has a vague sense of how the Isles determine who comes to prospect camp.

I do believe that Snow et all are annoyed with Nino's agent and the drama last summer. But, I see no real evidence that this current situation is anything at all. It is certainly not the case that Nino is anymore likely to be traded today than yesterday.

Whether it makes sense to trade him for Berneir is an entirely different issue. That would be a hockey decision .

He is certainly NOT getting moved for packages of meh vets, late picks, etc.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 06-20-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote