View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
litflyersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Buy out Bryz sign a veteran goalie like emery or thomas and see if mason has what it takes to be the starter of the future.
I was saying this in another thread, also there are going to be some serious goal-tending talent available next off-season, if Mason doesn't have what it takes. Rather just give Mason a chance with an above average back-up on short term deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Anyone besides me want to give Ray Emery another chance? I really liked the guy when he was here. 1A/1B combo with Mason, really would like to give Mason a chance to rebound. Give Emery a one year deal and go after Lundqvist, Miller, Hiller or Halak next off-season. Not a fan of the Bernier-Read idea. I wouldn't give LA anything more than we got for Bob or what Tampa gave for Lindback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I want Bernier for Read, if not, sign a Vet for 1 year to see if Mason's last games here was a fluke or not . Emery will want multiple years imo.
Crap! Can't blame Emery for wanting to cash out after the season he had (17-1-0, 1.94GAA, SV .922). Really hoping we could get him on a one year deal. I'd be willing to overpay to a certain extent monetarily ($3 mil max) but not on term (health issues). Who else is realistically in the market for a goalie, Toronto, Edmonton, Calary (Kipper issues), Pens (Fluery meltdowns ), Isles, NJ (eventual Marty replacement) and Yotes? Just want to know who we could potentially be bidding against.

Last edited by litflyersfan: 06-20-2013 at 10:45 AM.