View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Bojakees*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty in Modesto View Post
Here are my thoughts. Anyone claiming that Seidenberg had a bad game wasn't watching. He made ONE real mistake all game, the bad pinch leading to the fourth goal. Apart than that, he was a rock as usual. Only armchair experts expect a defenceman to play over 30 minutes of mistake-free hockey.

Bergeron was a man possessed in the second half of the game. It's just too bad we couldn't get it done for him. With Krejci looking so quiet the past 3 games, Bergeron should now be the main contender to Rask for the Conn Smythe.

While on that point, KREJCI has been invisible the past 3 games and needs to step it up. It appears that as Horton goes, so does Krejci - now that Nathan is being hampered by injury, Krejci is suddenly struggling out there. I think David really depends on his linemates to open up space for him.

For me, LUCIC is the goat of the game. That boneheaded pass which put us two men short and resulted in Sharp's goal was by far the worst mistake made by a Bruin all night. Simply inexcusable.

It's unfortunate that the series is all square at 2-2. This was the only game that Chicago even somewhat deserved to win, and they only managed to do so because we made some uncharacteristic mistakes. I will be furious if we lose this series.
Will disagree on several points here. First SEIDS. He was lost on the KANE backhand where he lost 29 in front of the net and the puck and was very flatfooted got spun around as Kane passed him for the loose puck and bang...Also missed a couple hits he usually makes which resulted in some down low cycles. Game was not his fault but saying he was a rock makes me wonder how much you watched.

Secondly, while I agree Looch made a bonehead play...It was only one mistake. The rest of the game he was very solid in the hitting department again and he did score a goal. How you call him the goat of the game makes me wonder how much you watched ?

As for Krejci, while he has not scored I hardly think it is because Horton is injured. One thing has nothing to do with the other IMO and he is going against TOEWS mostly who is excellent defensively. Toews has been shut down most of the series as well and Krejci has been largely responsible for that. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy trying to shut you down. Obviously Chicago knew he was playing great coming in and is paying attention to the guy...Which is probably why our second and third lines have been pretty good. Next game is Saturday at 8:00PM

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote