06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Minnesota had to scramble around to acquire a goaltender (Picking up Jeff Deslauriers from Anaheim) to replace Hackett in their system, so they obviously weren't just giving Hackett away/planning his departure, Hackett was a guy Buffalo must have asked for, otherwise the Wild would have been content to let Hackett and Kuemper continue to play out the season.

Not necessarily. Buffalo already has Connor Knapp, Nathan Lieuwen, and Andrey Makarov under contract (Assuming Makarov makes the jump to pros, which I'm assuming he will). Hackett staying in the AHL would necessitate two of those guys playing in the ECHL, which isn't ideal. I think Leggio's gone regardless.
Watching Lieuwen and Knapp, those two should be playing in the ECHL until they show they can improve their overall game. I could see them rolling with Hackett and Makarov in the AHL to start since both Lieuwen and Knapp have a LOT of work to do right now.

JW had a solid point on the Sabres board -- giving him 2 years takes him up to UFA, meaning they likely aren't sold on Enroth as the long-term heir to Miller when they finally do deal him.