Old
06-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
http://www.geek.com/games/the-new-xb...tters-1559532/

Another article about the features that are going away. Kinda bummed TBH. I'll probably still get one though.
Eh, none of those features seem that cool or innovative to me. So discs aren't going to be tied to my account. I guess that means I'll still have to take care of the discs, put them in the Xbox to play them, and take them with me if I go somewhere else. Big deal. I'm happy to deal with that if it means I can lend a game to a friend for free without having to be part of a "family circle," which I'm also not crazy about. Maybe that's because I don't really game with people I don't know IRL, but I don't see a lot of benefits from it besides the ability to demo a game before buying it. Which Microsoft could still easily allow if they're going to have a digital marketplace.

On another note, NBTW, you were talking about cloud computing possibly being used to handle backgrounds and such. This would require a constant, stable internet connection, right? So what would happen to someone like me, who has a ****** modem which drops its connection for 30 seconds once or twice an hour? It's hard for me to imagine cloud computing becoming a serious part of gaming when there are still a lot of people like me who don't have a stable connection.