View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Leidi J

vCash: 500
From conference call:

"All the things that we have to factor in, this is a player we want with this organization," Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said in a Thursday morning conference call. "We're very proud to have Raffi as part of this organization and everything that had to be thought through was thought through."

"Every players comes with some level of risk and obviously we're very comfortable with his," Wilson said. "I won't comment and can't comment on the suspension in the playoffs, but we think he brings all the skill sets we're looking for -- speed, strength, he can shoot. He's got a high skill level to play with high end players. What we really noticed was how quickly he fit in with his teammates."

Before coming to the Sharks at the trade deadline from the Phoenix Coyotes, Torres had worked closely with coach Dave Tippett in an effort to play within acceptable NHL parameters. That process continued in San Jose under coach Todd McLellan.

"At the end of the day," Torres said, "it's something I'm always going to be working on till the day I end up playing -- thinking the game a little bit more and obviously try not to put myself in a vulnerable position with those borderline hits."

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote