View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
  #35
Mats26
Cup Champs
 
Mats26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
And what if the offer for Read and the pick is the best offer? And then what if Bernier DOES come out and demand a trade and refuses to re-sign with LA. What then? Then the OS becomes a possibility...one with a 3 million dollar cost for a back-up. Does that make sense?

Or what if LA tries to wait then the other teams look elsewhere. Between now a July 5th, there are lots of options. After July 5th, with UFA's on the market, the options will deminish.

And what if you read this article on ESPN:


Im still part of the L.A. Kings and its been a great ride, but I feel really confident and I want to get to the next level to get a real chance to hopefully be a No. 1 somewhere, Bernier told ESPN.com over the phone Wednesday. Im sure the Kings will make the right decision. If Im staying there, Im staying there. If not, Im ready for the challenge.

General manager Dean Lombardi indicated to Bernier that he would try to accommodate him if its a deal that makes sense for the Kings. The whole trade talk scenario is a new experience for Bernier.

Its actually exciting, Bernier said. But I really cant control anything. Its up to Dean. If theres the right trade for him, Im sure hell make the right call.

"I spoke with Dean at the end of the season, and he told me he can keep me there but also feels he kind of owed me the chance to be somewhere else [as a starter]. So I guess well know in the next few weeks.


Sounds like Deano is getting what he wants or we resign Bernier. We'll have more time to trade him during the season or prior to camp. And no....Bernier is not "demanding" a trade or he sits, he simply wants to be challenged for the number 1 spot and DL is trying to accomodate this by trade.

Mats26 is offline