View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Leidi J

vCash: 500
More quotes and such from Torres:
Quote:
“It’s great. I think it’s a relief for myself and my family,” Torres said on a conference call, shortly after the Sharks announced the deal. “For the short time we were there, we really enjoyed it, and knew right away. My wife, with the moods I was in coming back from the rink. … It’s a great organization. When we got the news, we were thrilled.”

“Without a doubt, Doug and the organization was first class handling everything that happened with the suspension. It made it really easy to fly to New York and deal with things that normally in the past would have been a bit more tougher. Obviously, my family and I thank him for that.”

“I still feel like there wasn’t anything wrong with the Stoll hit. But, at the end of the day, it’s something I’m always going to be working on. Until the day that I’m done playing, it’s thinking the game a little bit more, and trying not to put myself in a vulnerable position with borderline hits.”

“It’s a great room,” Torres said. “It starts with Joe [Thornton], [Pavelski], Patty Marleau, and guys like that that really keep the room upbeat and lively. It’s an easy place to come every day, and put the hard hat on and go to work.”

“Signing in Vancouver for that one year, $1 million, you feel like you have to re-prove yourself. I’ve kind of felt like I had to do that a couple times in my career, but I still feel like I have a lot more to give to this game, especially now with the Sharks and knowing there’s some stability there,” he said. “It’s something you have to look forward to, you don’t have to worry about anything else, just going out there and playing hard every night.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...n-raffi-torres

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote