View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Kings fans aren't being delusional or unreasonable when they say Lombardi will match a <3.1 offer sheet. That's just the way Lombardi works. If things got to that point (which I don't believe they will) Lombardi will absolutely match that kind of offer sheet. Lombardi has a very strong personal and philosophical stance on offer sheets and his outspoken nature on the topic has arguably scared teams away from our RFAs for years now. You don't think teams thought about signing Doughty to a massive offer sheet during his holdout? Come on.

The Kings will have a little over $3 million in cap space with all of their other RFAs tendered qualifying offers. Only Voynov was due a big raise and he got it.

It Lombardi is forced into a corner with an offer sheet, he'll just sign it and stick with his current LWs (Brown, King, Clifford, and Pearson/Vey/whoever). Knowing Lombardi he already thinks the team will be better next year with Toffoli in the lineup full time and a back-to-form Quick. He wouldn't balk from matching the offer sheet, keeping Quick/Bernier as the tandem for at least another year, and rolling with our youth. And then he'd go hard after whoever gave Bernier the offer sheet.

All this talk about offer sheets only reminds me of how many posters here live in this fantasy hockey land. Offer sheets don't happen a lot because they damage relationships around the league significantly. Was it worth it for Shea Weber? Thomas Vanek in 2007? Sure, but these were marquee players at the times of the offer sheets. Will a team really be willing to risk an offer sheet on a player like Bernier? I highly, highly doubt it.