View Single Post
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
vCash: 500
“When it came down to it, New York was the team,” Nicholls said of his decision to sign with the Rangers despite other teams showing interest. “They showed that passion towards me being part of the organization. I think playing five years in the WHL, I felt like I grew each year. I’m just looking forward to getting into camp and showing the organization [what I have to offer].”

“I always saw that positive feedback [from the Rangers scouts] and that they liked my game,” Nicholls added. “I always wanted to work harder so the next time they saw me, they saw improvements.”

One of the members of the team’s front office that Nicholls developed a relationship with was Adam Graves, who would take in Blades games and meet with the young forward to go over his game.

Growing up in B.C., Nicholls — and his father — were Canucks fans, and Nicholls said he now jokes with his family about Graves, who wasn’t a family-favorite due to the Rangers’ 1994 Stanley Cup win over Vancouver.

“Adam is a guy I watched growing up,” Nicholls said. “It’s definitely cool to see me on the other side” of the family rivalry with the Rangers.

Adam Graves should be a candidate for a bigger role in the Rangers organization. Graves can call Steve Spott and ask about John Moore(and get an honest opinion) because he is thisclose with Spott. He knows all of the Rangers prospects from the rookie camps. He travels to watch Rangers prospects play. He meets with them. He scouts other players. This guy doesn't sit on his ass and do nothing like #11 who likes to seen sitting next to Sather at home games. Graves is part of Oshawa Generals ownership group.