View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 03:20 PM
AngryBoss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
I'm curious how many of you have or have had to deal with teammates that were extremely confident in their abilities. How do you approach the situation?

One of our teammates is quite good, can stick handle very well, and scores a lot of goals for us. I should add that while i think he could play up a level, i don't think hes head and shoulders better, or too good to be playing in our level. My issue is that I feel the reason he scores so much is because he rarely passes the puck. He'd rather try to go through 3 players than take a chance passing to a pretty open teammate. He also tends to take quite long shifts. I fully believe this is because he is quite good, believes he is good, doesn't trust some of us and thinks we have a better chance at scoring if he is on the ice and/or takes it himself. He's a really good guy, its just frustrating to watch from D sometimes and i don't know if i should approach it, or how to go about saying something.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?
Yup. Unless you're willing to say something to his face, give him gentle reminders about how to be a good teammate.
When the seasons over don't bother inviting him back next year.

We've had to do that a few times.
In my experience, the 'too good for you' guy is usually someone who's not even a real close friend (most times, a friend of a friend), so it's easy to cut them out without having to see him a lot afterward.

AngryBoss is offline   Reply With Quote