View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yet a constant in this series is Hawks starting games well and ending poorly. Bruins, despite playing from behind all night were the better team in the 3rd, and in OT, and had been taking the game over. Bruins had 5 chances to win it in OT before Hawks scored the winner off a routine point shot.

Being that the Bruins are outlasting the Hawks in every game of the series I see this going the Bruins way. We've seen the Bruins best in only one game in the series so far. We know that the Bruins can entirely shut the hawks down when the Bruins play their game.
You'll have to explain this. Chicago won the triple OT game and won another in OT last night. They overcame a two-goal deficit in the third period in Game 1, and overcame crap netminding in Game 4. Clearly they've outlasted the Bruins in both their wins.

Outside of a couple flurries late in the 1st and 2nd period, Chicago completely controlled the game at even strength. Only Crawford's horrid play and a couple very fortuitous bounces, both on powerplays, let the Bruins extend it to OT.

Contrary to what everyone believes, I think a trading chances game benefits Boston. The proof is last night's game. Boston was one shot away from winning despite being outplayed. They have the better goaltender and are more opportunistic. Chicago has always needed tons of chances to score as many goals as they do because they blow more chances than anybody. 3 missed breakaways last night, par for the course. Chicago was the best defensive team in the NHL this year and it got them back to the final. They want no part of a river hockey shootout with good reason.

Lots of talk going in that Bruins physical play would wear down the Hawks, a reasonable prognostication. I was shocked to see the Blackhawks clearly outhitting the Bruins last night. That was probably the Hawks' most physical game of the playoffs, and the Bruins didn't have much of a pushback in that department, at least not by their standards. They were the ones who looked worn out.

Not sure what to expect in Game 5, besides a great game. The big boys stepped up with offense last game, first game that didn't get decided by the grinders. Special teams were all over the map. If I'm Chicago though, Crawford makes me very nervous. Just when you start to believe he's going to get the job done, he goes and has his worst game of the postseason at the biggest moment. I've never trusted him fully, and I sure don't after last night.