Thread: Proposal: Cgy-nyi
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 05:57 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Scissons View Post
He has not replicated his last contract year of 2008-09 that had him over 80+ points.
The Islanders are not a franchise that is going to pay 7m/year for a 45+ Point player.

His performance in the 2009-10 playoffs was unreal and he is a point per game player in the playoffs, why he can not keep that pace in the regular season is beyond me.
1) No one disputes that Cammalleri is overpaid. It's only for a year though. He'll be worht a 1st at the deadline.

2) "45+" point player.....he's played well above that pace. He's suffered some minor injuries, which have limited him to 67 games or less over the last 4 years. I guess teachinically you're right in that he does score more than 45 points...but I guess Crosby is a 45+ PPG player too.

3) Cammalleri has been playing on awful teams, which is why his regular season point total does not reflect his playoff total. Besides, a player how performs well in the playoffs but disappears in the regular season is worth far more than a player who does the oppossite.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote